March 31, 2011

Kristi and Justin's Houston Wedding

kristi in her wedding dress
wedding dress
our groom justin getting ready for the ceremony
photograph of wedding shoes
Bible and wedding vows photo
Photo of little girl at wedding reception



Here are some images from Kristi and Justin's beautiful wedding at the historical Houston Heights Fire Station. There was beautiful light inside the near 100 year old building and it gave the event a wonderful glow. Although the bride and groom to be were a little nervous everything went off without any problems. One of the things that I really enjoy about photographing weddings is getting there early and seeing the entire event come together. It is always amazing to me how a simple room can be decorated and turned into a wonderful area for the wedding ceremony. I also am fascinated by watching people set up the room for the reception. Since I enjoy taking many detail photographs, being around the venue early gives me a great opportunity to capture these types of shots. You can read more about this in my posts 'It's All in the Details at a Wedding' and 'Don't Forget the Details.' It also allows me time to get to know the people in the bridal party a little better. This makes it much easier to photograph during the event. I spend a lot of time with my clients before the actual wedding day. I really like to get to know my clients, their likes an dislikes, and it makes them more at ease in front of the camera. Later on, when the event begins, there are too many other things going on to worry about these detail shots. There are so many 'must have' shots and many of these are happening very quickly, like the first kiss, or the bouquet toss by the bride. You can see a photo of Kristi's bouquet toss here. I enjoy capturing all aspects of the special day for my clients. Houston is a great market for weddings. There are all types of historical venues and indoor and outdoor locations. The historic Heights Fire Station is just one of those places. I love the old worn wooden floors upstairs where the reception took place. There are also loads of great old photographs on the walls. It is such a welcomed difference from the more generic ballroom type of venues. I am hoping that I can get to photograph a neat ranch wedding in the future. After all this is Texas y'all.

Gary Miller

www.redphotophotography.com

Red Photo Houston Wedding Photography

Eye Candy and Brain Veggies


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...